VP of Finance
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our Manufacturing & Distribution client in North Houston is seeking a strong VP of Finance to oversee the Accounting team with a focus on processes and controls, provide insight to the business in terms of budgeting/forecasting, and manage complex reporting. This role will also manage departmental resources effectively to create a workplace that provides continuous employee training and development, increases staff retention, and strengthens communication within and outside the department. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic financial input, guidance, and recommendations related to financial implications for all major business decisions
- Manage accounting, budgeting, long-term financial planning process, risk management and legal compliance
- Lead the financial planning and analysis function including revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and budgeting
- Present business metrics to senior management team ensuring metrics are continually reviewed and updated to meet business needs and conditions
- Implement processes and internal controls to safeguard corporate assets, as required
- Manage all financial and accounting aspects of project control, including cost tracking, revenue recognition, POC accounting and margin analysis
- Oversee and approve monthly financial results; ensure accuracy of the cash flow and management of month end, quarterly and year end closings
- Develop cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Responsible for all tax, treasury, risk management and cash management activities for the company
An Accounting and Finance degree is required with a minimum of 15 years’ experience, along with 5-10 years of financial leadership. MBA and CPA are preferred. Extensive knowledge of finance and accounting within a distributor business is preferred, along with an understanding of IFRS requirements, and experience assessing organizational risks. There is also about 25% of travel involved in this role.