Our Memorial client is seeking a driven Sr. Litigation Paralegal to join their team! This is a demanding role where you must have a go-getter attitude, strongly self-driven, and highly organized. You have to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative, and working under minimal supervision. Below are primary responsibilities-
- Handle multiple voluminous cases in state and federal court.
- Assist in all aspects of the litigation process- provide support in the discovery process, motion practice, as well as hearings, mediations, trials, and arbitrations.
- Compose correspondence, pleadings, motions, pleadings, case briefs, waivers, memos, settlements, agreements, trial preparations documents, and discovery responses.
- Review all documents received for new information, needing a response to discovery requests, responses from plaintiffs’ discovery, prepare a summary of the contents for the adjuster, and see if the receipt of the documents triggers a specific deadline.
- Prepare notebooks for depositions, mediations, and trial.
- Have working knowledge of State and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and statutes.
At least 5+ years’ of litigation experience at a civil law firm is required, Paralegal certificate highly preferred. The ideal candidate must have solid written and verbal communication skills, high proficiency in Microsoft Office, as well as experience with electronic filing. If you thrive on obtaining favorable results in a fast-paced and challenging law firm environment, this is the next best step in your career!
Client offers a very competitive compensation package with extremely generous benefits!
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!