SEC Reporting Manager
Our growing energy client in downtown Houston is seeking a new Manager of SEC Reporting to join their finance team. Responsilbities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of SEC filings including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, and 10K.
- Ability to understand complex transactions, including researching and documenting technical accounting positions and memos
- Provide oversight to the reporting team
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for joint ventures
- Manage communications with external auditors
- Establish and monitor appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Communicate directly with the Company’s management on accounting and reporting matters.
- Collaborate with the different divisions of the company and communicate with the commercial, operations, and finance teams to explain information and evaluate complex transactions.
Bachelors degree in Accounting required, Masters and/or CPA preferred, along with 5+ years of public accounting experience with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting.
- Experience with Workiva and XBRL tagging a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Able to multi-task
- Highly detailed and analytical