This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our north Houston client is seeking a contract-to-hire Purchasing Agent who will be responsible for managing purchase orders, tracking, inventory, and document control. This consists of negotiating and implementing purchase contracts, maintaining supplier information, and searching for new vendors. Other responsibilities include:
- Review and coordinate purchase order backorder.
- Track, document, and communicate cost changes, and financial implications.
- Facilitate changes to orders as they occur, supplier and expediting when necessary.
- Manage inventory by monitoring levels and ensuring adequate levels of products.
- Search for new sources to reduce costs, improve quality, or product availability.
- Analyze usage changes once a year and adjust MRP information accordingly.
- Enter new MRP information in SAP as products are released and work with sales to forecast demand.
Degree preferred with at least 1 year of purchasing experience required, with prior knowledge and experience of market research, data analysis, and purchasing best practices. Having strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and accuracy is a plus. You must also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. If you are looking to join an international company that offers an extensive benefits package with room for growth, this may be the job for you!