This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our Galleria client is seeking an experienced Property Accountant to join their growing team. This role will be responsible for financial reporting of commercial real estate assets and preparing property level financial statements for client portfolios. You will also assist the VP and the accounting department with projects as needed. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Perform variance analyses
- Update cash logs and reviews cash management
- Ensure tenant and property information is set up
- Review tenant charges and receipts to ensure accuracy
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Maintain General Ledger and prepare journal entries
- Perform bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Oversee the process of Accounts Payable
- Communicate with Property Managers concerning property related issues
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is highly preferred with at least 5 years of commercial property accounting required. Familiarity with US GAAP and property accounting processes is required, along with proficiency in Excel. Experience using MRI and AVID is preferred. Looking for someone with high attention to detail and the ability to see the big picture.