Our client, an international shipping and container logistics company, needs experienced Operation/Customer Service Coordinators for their Houston offices.
The main responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service by responding to customer inquiries quickly, accurately enter/update data in the system, provide reporting and feedback, communicate effectively with logistics offices and depots internationally, and efficiently manage shipments and other aspects of operations to improve cost effectiveness.
Duties for the role include:
- Coordinating with international logistics offices/depots to meet performance goals, specifically regarding estimates, approvals, and repairs.
- Ensure equipment on location is processed efficiently
- Ensure equipment for scheduled operations is available and in acceptable condition for clients.
- Liaise with offices/depots and customers to schedule inspections.
- Work attentively and pro-actively with clients on any repairs needed for containers.
- Assist with reporting and special projects, implement new processes/procedures, and trainings.
- Provide customer service and support for redelivery requests, returns, off-hire questions, swaps, and general enquiries.
- Coordinate bookings and extensions, create releases, and follow up on expiring bookings.
- Coordinate with the operations and commercial teams on container positioning requirements.
- Secure competitive positioning rates and schedules, and coordinate positioning move bookings and redeliveries.
- Accurately complete necessary paper work for lease creation, positioning workorder, purchase order, and goods receipt.
- Coordinate all positioning moves, start to finish, communicating with appropriate positing manager.
Degree or equivalent work experience in container logistics and shipping, or international shipping. Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will be computer literate (MSO, SAP, etc.), have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, have product knowledge of containers, and work effectively in a cross-cultural environment.