Legal Office Assistant
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
The Legal Office Assistant supports the lawyer with regard to document production and various administrative details; coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient workflow; follows policies and procedures set by the Firm; establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with all personnel, clients, vendors and guests of the Firm.
- Types, formats, edits and finalizes documents, including correspondence, memoranda, agreements, etc., in accordance with the Firm’s document formatting standards
- Organizes clerical functions and workflow
- Proofreads all documents, correspondence, etc., to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Responsible for an array of administrative duties including printing, scanning, filing, and office supply ordering
- Receives, screens and transmits telephone calls, conference calls and messages to lawyers, clients and staff
- Coordinates conferences, meetings and appointments for lawyers and clients. Schedules conference rooms and food service
- Maintains a safe and unobstructed work area, including a neat and well-organized desk.
- Maintains all client files on a daily basis in accordance with standards set by Firm
- Manages email inbox
- High school diploma with three to five years of experience in transactional/corporate law field or undergraduate degree with one year of experience in transactional/corporate law field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, legal terminology and formats (legal documents
- Excellent organizational skill
- Excellent attention to detail
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a tea
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- Proofreads accurately
- Able to accurately classify, index, file and retrieve legal documents