Our rapidly growing client in The Woodlands is seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal to directly support the General Counsel and other members of the department to ensure efficient productivity. This role will be responsible for drafting and filing entity organizational documents, annual reports, resolutions, written consents, minutes, and other legal documents. More responsibilities include:
- Prepare, coordinate, and distribute documents for the entity’s board of directors, including preparing for and documenting board meetings.
- Draft and amend commercial contracts, procurement agreements, vendor agreements, contractor supply documents, leases, NDAs, and other corporate documents under supervision of the legal counsel as needed, as well as supporting documentation.
- Maintain organizational systems to track legal processes.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of internal company policies.
- Maintain corporate legal files, including archiving electronic and physical files and maintaining accurate lists of archived documents.
- Conduct legal research projects as directed by legal counsel.
- Ensure that all licenses and permits are maintained and/or renewed.
- Answer questions from various company personnel regarding pertinent information within legal documents and/or entity filings.
- Prepare checklists, timelines, issues lists and document schedules, as needed.
- Assist with maintaining the corporate calendar.
- Assist the Legal Department with administrative tasks such as coding invoices for the payment of legal bills, preparing and submitting expense reports, and coordinating schedules, meetings, and tasks with other business units in the company.
Bachelor’s degree is required, unless you hold a Paralegal certification, with a minimum of 7 years of Corporate Paralegal experience. Prior working knowledge with entity management, corporate governance, and drafting contracts is required. One who is proactive, confident, driven, has a collaborative mindset and positive attitude will thrive in this role. If you are a Corporate Paralegal looking for the next best step in your career, this may be it!