Contract Remote Corporate Controller
This position is no longer accepting applications. Please contact us for other opportunities.
Our client, with headquarters in California, is seeking a Contract Remote Corporate Controller to join their Global Finance Department. This role will work closely with senior management, regional account teams and external service providers and participate in management meetings. You will be responsible for preparing consolidated accounting and management reports, operational forecasts, and implement US GAAP protocols company wide. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual GAAP financial statements in multiple currencies using Intacct global accounting system.
- Supervise invoicing and global revenue recognition using SAAS software.
- Supervise HQ accounting functions, compensation, intercompany cash management, tax review, system administration, currency revaluation, payroll, accounts payable.
- Interface with global Sales team for revenue and cashflow forecasting.
- Assume the lead role managing the independent annual audit; and,
- Other accounting, budget, and operational projects as assigned.
- Oversee and develop forecasts, cash flow projections and other internal management reports.
- Oversee cash management and short-term investments.
- Develop audit processes, functions, and external auditor relationships.
- Collaborate with other functions to envision and implement enterprise systems to create competitive advantage.
At least 10 years of experience with success in a senior supervisory financial role in a software company. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, with advanced degree CPA, or MBA preferred. Must have a proven history of managing the financial and operational expansion of a business through organic and M&A channels and significant experience defining and operationalizing financial strategies. Other qualifications include:
- Deep SaaS/software industry financial and strategic business modeling knowledge.
- Recent B2B SaaS and/or software growth-stage experience.
- Strong understanding of software business economic and financial modeling.
- US GAAP reporting, budgeting, and global cash management.
- Experience writing and reviewing internal control procedures that comply with SOX 404 standards, and US GAAP accounting rules.